The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the OfficeThe Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office by Jay Bonansinga
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Decent little "short" story, and I do mean short. This was one of those ebooks priced at $.99, and for the first time I felt a little cheated by that price. Not that it was a bad read, but that it was so brief.

Still, rating the content (what there was of it), I enjoyed the 20 minutes or so that it took me to go through this story at a leisurely pace.

I do have one gripe, though. It bugged me when I read Rise of the Governor and this story starts out with it. Whenever the time is noted in these books, it specifially gives that time in Central Standard Time. It makes repeated notes of the time being Central Standard. Well, the thing is, these stories take place entirely in the state of Georgia. Which is on Eastern Standard time.

No character is going to fall back an hour to convert to Central time during the zombie apocalypse. It's just not going to happen. Not when said characters have lived in Georgia and Eastern Standard time for their entire lives. I was born in Central time and lived half my life there, but now that I live in Georgia, I go by what time it is here.

I figure it's because Bonansinga is from Chicago, which is on Central time. Fine. But couldn't somebody have caught that little detail and fixed it?

And now my review is as long as the story I'm reviewing.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust