Review: Guns


Guns
Guns by Stephen King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Well done, Uncle Stevie. I hesitated to read this for a long time because I don't own a Kindle I don't agree with liberal politics and I'm frankly annoyed at the number of celebrities that blindly follow such. It's tough to follow people like that who I like for their art or craft, but I keep getting political rhetoric that I disagree with.

However, that's not what this is. While there is a liberal agenda being illustrated, it's done in such a way that it appeals to the conscience, rather than the left or right of the issue. It's shown here to make us think, and that can't be a bad thing. His solutions are much more middle of the road than I would have expected, and it gives me hope that a compromise might be possible.

Another reason for me to admire Stephen King, even if I don't always agree with him.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust