Review: Patient Zero


Patient Zero
Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What a ride. When this book picks up, it doesn't let go until all the bullets fly. Well, even after that, truth be known. The action sequences here are so nicely described, I can almost hear the shell casings hitting the floor.

I thought I was getting a police procedural with zombies thrown in. What I read was so much more than that. All of that became obvious when our policeman narrator was recruited by Mr. Church, and his ultra-secret black ops counter-terrorist group. The stuff they do is almost as scary as the things they fight.

And fight, oh yes. There are more bullets in this than the average shooter game. Sweet. It would make a killer movie. (I read that it was being prepped for a TV show, but that ABC passed on it to show the Charlie's Angels remake. Epic fail.)

I see lots of potential for this series, and will be checking it out. Hooah...



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust