Review: Doctor Sleep


Doctor Sleep
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



What can I say? Stephen King has blown me away again. I've been reading him for 30 years or more and I'm rarely disappointed.

There were a couple of flaws in this towards the end, but I won't go into that in the interest of saving spoilers. They were fairly minor points though, and didn't take away from my overall enjoyment.

Great concept, great characters, great sequel. It's awesome to see Danny Torrance all grown up, and I really felt for his character and all he'd had to endure, just in the process of living. The normal stuff he had to go through as well as the gift/burden of having the shining.

Then there's Abra Stone. I loved her - a great second protagonist to go along with Dan. Like a next generation Shining, of sorts.

The True Knot was a pretty cool concept too, though I won't go into the whys of that here. Other secondary characters were great, mainly Dan's friends.

And lots of little nuggets/Easter eggs for the longtime fan to pick up. Heh. 5-stars, for keeping me engaged with every single word.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust