Review: Go the F--k to Sleep


Go the F--k to Sleep
Go the F--k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I actually read along with a pdf copy of the book while I listened to Samuel L. Jackson's brilliant reading.

Did I say it was brilliant? That doesn't do it justice. It was motherfuckin' brilliant.

Everything that Jackson touches turns to motherfuckin' gold. Not just Pulp Fiction, but lightsabers and S.H.I.E.L.D. too. What's in your wallet?

That said, the book itself is hilarious. For anyone that's had small children that you've read to before bed, you'll love this. What starts out as a shared love of reading often turns into a war of endurance, frequently won by the smallest combatant. It's instinctual how these kids can wear you down. Great that I read it on Veteran's Day, eh?

Still, humor aside, I wouldn't trade those memories of reading to my kids for anything.

Just writing this review made me tired. I think it won't be long now before I go the fuck to sleep.....



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust