Review: Conquest

ConquestConquest by John Connolly
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I won a copy of this from the First Reads program on GoodReads.

I love free books. Thank you to the publisher for this advanced reading copy. I wish I liked it more, but here we are.

I gave up 80 pages in. I mean, it took me 8 days to get through 80 pages of a YA novel. Seriously?

I feel there's a good story in here. The writing just doesn't grab me. It doesn't even paw at me. It falls as flat as a cartoon character that a boulder dropped on. Not bad, just extremely non-engaging.

I just have too much on my plate to invest more time in this.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust