Review: Revelation Space

Revelation Space (Revelation Space, #1)Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well. That was different.

How do I review a book I didn't understand? For that matter, how do I rate a book I didn't understand?

Or better yet, how do I like a book I didn't understand? Well, it happened. What happened, I don't know so much. But I enjoyed the ride.



So yeah. The writing is beautiful in this book. It will take you places...err places you won't recognize, but places where you will go "whoah..dude".

Seriously, I don't know what it is, but Reynolds does have a great narrative voice, even if his science is way beyond my comprehension level. Imagination like that and supra genius scientific mind, dude could be dangerous.

A special shout out to John Lee for his narration, once more being essential in getting me through out-there British science fiction.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust