Review: An Autumn War


An Autumn War
An Autumn War by Daniel Abraham

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was brilliant at times. At others, it dragged a little. But even when it was moving slowly, I enjoyed it.

I'm really starting to like some of these characters. New ones, and the ones carried over from the earlier books. Abraham writes them so well that love or hate them, they're worth reading about. Or listening, in this case. The audiobook performance of Neil Shah was perfect for this book. At first I wasn't sure at all I liked him, but after a couple of chapters his voice molded to the story. And his character voices are perfect.

I really need to see where this series will go from here. One more book and it's over. The way this one has built up to it, I think I'm in for a real treat.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust