Review: Jersey Tough: My Wild Ride from Outlaw Biker to Undercover Cop

Jersey Tough: My Wild Ride from Outlaw Biker to Undercover Cop Jersey Tough: My Wild Ride from Outlaw Biker to Undercover Cop by Wayne "Big Chuck" Bradshaw
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this ebook for review from the publisher through NetGalley.

My recent love of the TV series Sons of Anarcy drew me to request this book, with its subject matter of a patched outlaw biker turned policeman. I was curious to see how he pulled that off, and how he came to the decision to make the potentially lethal switch in careers.

Beyond that, I found this to be a fascinating memoir. Bradshaw's experiences with the Breed and the Pagans was as interesting as anticipated, but I was even more intrigued by his accounts of his life in the US Army and then later in his police work.

This is a man who has been through quite a bit in his lifetime. He's witnessed lots of violence and seen the darker side of humanity throughout much of his life. But this isn't a story that makes us feel sorry for his experiences and tough life. Rather, it shows a great way to look at life's challenges and meet them with integrity. At any point during these years Bradshaw could have gotten lost in what life threw at him, but he shows here how he could rise above.

This book was as enlightening as it was fascinating.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust