Review: Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love. Yes, folks, it is love at second sight.

I liked this book quite a bit the first time around, when I'd listened to the audiobook. Here's my review of that listen, from 2012. It's interesting to look back at that review now, as I enjoyed the book quite a bit more this time around. The things that annoyed me on that earlier review didn't bug me at all this time.

So I'm not sure if that's that I prefer the reading to the listening, or if I'm just getting more of the fine detail this time through. I remember being lost at times before, and I didn't get that now. So it's probably a combination of the two.

At any rate, I read this again in preparation for moving forward with the series. I'm glad I did, as in many ways this felt like a new experience. I'm certainly a lot more fresh on the story, and the universe laid out by "Corey" here.

So, let's see what kind of war Caliban is about, shall we?

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust