Review: Luna: New Moon

Luna: New Moon Luna: New Moon by Ian McDonald
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Brilliant!! I devoured this book over a few days, skipping television and movie options to just immerse myself into the low gravity. I'm still depressurizing.

I've seen this book called "Game of Thrones in Space", and I'd have to say not so much. Only in the sense that it would make a fantastic series on HBO which would compare. I've also seen it compared to "Dallas", and there is a bit of that, but the most accurate comparison is easily The Godfather. That book/movie's sense of family and survival against long odds and adversaries definitely struck more of a moonbeam here.

When is the sequel coming out?? That one will shoot straight to the top of my TBR as soon as it's available.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust