Review: Swamp Thing: The Dead Don't Sleep, Issue #1 of 6


I received and Advanced Reader's Copy of this Comic from the Publisher through NetGalley.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

That's just for the introductory issue though, as things are just beginning and being introduced. I have a feeling that if I were to read the entire 6 issue story arc, I'd end up lifting that rating.

The artwork is fantastic, and the writing is cutting edge. I've never read Swamp Thing, other than seeing him featured in a cameo appearance or two over the years. So I really can't compare this to the old versions, but I do think it's a pretty good sign that co-creator Len Wein is back here writing this new series. And did I mention that the artwork of Kelley Jones is truly top notch?

I will definitely be interested in continuing this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust