Review: Batman/Superman, Vol. 4: Siege

Batman/Superman, Vol. 4: Siege Batman/Superman, Vol. 4: Siege by Greg Pak
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a preview eARC of this title from the publisher through NetGalley.

This was...decent. Great artwork and some good story turns. It did seem to jump around a bit from one tangent to another without tying up the strands. Perhaps those will come together in another volume.

I really enjoyed some of the cameos from other characters, both heroes and villains. As I said, the art was great. It's a good teaser perhaps for the new Superman/Batman movie coming out soon.

I also felt this block of issues assumes quite a bit on the part of the reader. That is, Superman's extended group of character allies and their backgrounds. I get that there is a lot of history there, but it was difficult in places to put it all together for a new reader, or in my case a casual reader. That's not really a complaint, but to compare it to some of the Batman and Wonder Woman titles I've read, those were better at handling readers coming into the current volume without having read earlier ones.

Still, this is an intriguing team up and the writers handle it well. I like the way Superman and Batman mesh in this volume. They have different approaches to their crime fighting, and at this point in their shared history, they've found a balance.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust