Review: Harley Quinn, Vol. 3: Kiss Kiss Bang Stab

Harley Quinn, Vol. 3: Kiss Kiss Bang Stab Harley Quinn, Vol. 3: Kiss Kiss Bang Stab by Amanda Conner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a preview eARC of this title from the publisher through NetGalley.

I have a new favorite girl.

Her name is Harley. She is as adorable and kindhearted as she is callous, badass, and well, honestly, batshit crazy.

Just look at this smile and tell me you don't feel all warm inside:



For real though, this set of one issue stories is pretty entertaining. Harley is unpredictable and a little bit unhinged, but she's also cute and in her own wacky way, innocent. She has a heart of gold. If she likes you. Or if she is touched by your situation. She loves animals of all kinds (and will seemingly try to adopt all of them). But if she doesn't like you, and that's usually because you were mean to her, an animal, or someone she cares for, then you're pretty much done.



Most importantly, this book was funny. I mean, I usually take my comic reading (somewhat) seriously, but this had me laugh out loud several times. Perhaps it shows that I'm a bit twisted myself that I enjoy this kind of humor as much as I do, but whatever.

I was already looking forward to the new Suicide Squad movie, but now I'm even more excited about it.





Oh, one warning to the unwary though before I can recommend it. Whatever you do, do NOT mention this guy around Harley:


Just don't.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust