Review: Black Canary, Vol. 1: Kicking and Screaming

Black Canary, Vol. 1: Kicking and Screaming Black Canary, Vol. 1: Kicking and Screaming by Brenden Fletcher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a preview eARC of this title from the publisher through NetGalley.

I'll start this by stating that my only experience with Black Canary is the version of the character we get on CW's Arrow universe.



So going in there, this is definitely all new. But that's okay, as it's Volume 1, right? Pretty much.

I did feel lost at times, as the story jumped around abruptly quite often. However, it came together fairly well by the end (except the very end, mind you) and made for a pretty enjoyable story. I had to pretty much throw out that idea of Canary I had going in, but that's alright.

I was intrigued by "DD", as we're introduced to Dinah. Turns out Black Canary is the band. So if we think Blondie Black Canary is a character, we'll have to remember that it's a group with Deborah Harry Dinah Lance as the lead singer. I really enjoyed the other band members too, and would like to read more just to get to know them a bit better. Lord Byron, Paloma, and Ditto were interesting. So was the manager, Heathcliff. I'd read more about these folks.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust