Review: Perusing Portland

Perusing Portland Perusing Portland by Jason R. Koivu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Disclaimer: Jason Koivu is a friend that I met on Goodreads several years back, so there might be some slight positive bias here.

That said, I really enjoyed this short overview of the Portland area. I was fortunate enough to go to Portland last week for a work conference, and I happened to find out I was going right about the time Jason released this. So heck yeah, $1.00 or two later (I can't remember), I snatched this baby right up. I did set it aside so I could read it closer to the time of my trip.

Well, it sure came in handy. I didn't get to it until I was actually on the trip, so there is a mix of suggestions that I used from the book with some things I'd already seen by the time I saw them mentioned. But all told, this made for a fun read while I was there. Jason's sense of humor made me laugh out loud a few times too.

It's not the most thorough or complete guide to Portland, but it's a funny, quick way to get some ideas when you don't have a lot of reading time (because you're out enjoying a great city).

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust