Review: A Conjuring of Light

A Conjuring of Light A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

All in all I'm going to say that this was a decent way to wrap up the series. A bit underwhelming a review, huh? Well..

Schwab's writing is excellent. Her worldbuilding is top notch, and her characters are engaging. She's definitely a name in the fantasy field today and for years to come.

I just think she's got some unlocked potential that wasn't ever fully realized with this series. She was close, oh yes. Very close. But she really has the potential to go from being very good to being one of the best in the genre.

I'm hoping she'll get there sooner rather than later.

Oh yes, and the audiobook was excellent too. :)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust