Review: Fire and Flesh: A Manifest Delusions Short Story

Fire and Flesh: A Manifest Delusions Short Story Fire and Flesh: A Manifest Delusions Short Story by Michael R. Fletcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, that was a fun (and disturbing) little story! These delusional manifestations of Michael R. Fletcher's world are amazing.

I loved Beyond Redemption when I read it late last year. I needed a quick read last night before bed and this seemed like just the thing. And it was! The instant I finished it I was taken to the Kindle store and bought the second book in the main series, The Mirror’s Truth, which I started reading today.

True, I had planned to buy and read The Mirror's Truth in the very near future, but reading this little gem of a story sped up that process quite a bit. This story would serve as a nice preview to Fletcher's work, as it cost less than a buck and was read in about half an hour. It's not as deeply explored as the main series of the Manifest Delusions, but it gives a good peek into how the author's mind works.

Which is kinda scary, I suppose :)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust