Review: Gwendy's Button Box

Gwendy's Button Box Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hell yes! This was an afternoon of audio delight. I'll read it in print someday because I'm a completest, but I am very glad that I got absorbed into this novella by way of Audible and the narration by the fantastically wonderful Maggie Siff, who I grew to love on Sons of Anarchy:

And the story! It was just..so Stephen Kingly. I mean...(view spoiler). And Castle Rock, circa 1970s. It was like going home.....

I should also add that the bonus story "The Music Room" was enjoyable in its own right. Creepy and short, it was a nice added bit to the package. As was the short interview with the authors, King and Chizmar.

I hope to see more of these kind of things. With the Dark Tower movie coming out this year and the new version of It and this Mist tv show, there's a lot to look forward to in the Kingiverse. Stories like this just wet the appetite almost as much as a gunslinger burrito.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust