Review: Swarm and Steel

Swarm and Steel Swarm and Steel by Michael R. Fletcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For real, a 5-star quality book took me this long to read? Wow. I can't blame the book though. Life and school and work and whatever else can take the blame, and that is my reality.

If I believe it, that will make it true, right?

insert doubt



Ahh well...

At any rate, this thing was awesome. Set in the same world as his Manifest Delusions series, this standalone certainly carries the same worldbuilding brilliance.

I guess the biggest question though is, how in the Swarm does Fletcher manage to tell a story that is so gross and violent and graphic and just freaking Grimdark, but still manage to keep it light??

"Light" probably isn't the right word at all, because it's so damn thought provoking and deep with philosophy. But the humor and tone keep it comfortable, and keep it from bringing the reader down.

At least, that's what I believe, so it's now my truth.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust