Review: The Perfect Assassin

The Perfect Assassin The Perfect Assassin by K.A. Doore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an eARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

From the blurb, "A novice assassin is on the hunt for someone killing their own..." this pretty much sums it up nicely. I was pleased with this debut effort from K.A. Doore, who may very well be an author to keep an eye on.

Great worldbuilding and lots of action highlight this one, and though some of the twists and turns aren't totally surprising, the novel was very well written and engaging all the way through.

I understand that this will be a series, but this book would work as a standalone for those leery of starting yet another open series. It left me plenty satisfied, yet interested in more if and when it comes to light.

3 1/2 stars, rounded up.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust