Everything's Eventual

Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales (A Collection)Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Awesome re-read. This might have even been better the second time around. Actually, I've read several of the stories more than that, from other collections or audiobooks or whatnot.

Favorites: "The Man in the Black Suit", "LT's Theory of Pets", "All That You Love Will Be Carried Away", "Everything's Eventual", and "The Little Sisters of Eluria".

The only story I didn't much like was "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is In French". It wasn't horrible, just didn't do it for me.

"The Death of Jack Hamilton" was one in particular that I wasn't crazy about the first time I read this book, right when it first came out. But this time around, I liked it a lot. It's subtle nature worked better for my more mature (read: old) self than when I was younger, perhaps.

All in all, 13 out of 14 are gems, and that's a huge percentage for a short story collection. With Stephen King, not as much. I enjoy most of his short stories. This one is special though, as he hits such a wide range of tales here. There is something for everyone in this one.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust