Review: Swan Song

Swan SongSwan Song by Robert R. McCammon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Now that was a big ass book.



Well, not exactly.

But it's a big-un.

It's pretty good though. I've often heard how this is similar to The Stand by Stephen King, which is one of my all time favorite novels. And it is similar, though different.

I mean, they're both big ass epic books about the end of all things and the people that survive to set shit right again. Good vs. Evil and all that. "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -R.E.M.

But the characters are different, with their own backgrounds and situations. The way things are handled is different. Enough that this book stands well enough on its own.

Figuratively, of course. I mean, books don't really stand. Not even The Stand. They have no legs.

They'd have to be thick legs too, to hold these big ass books up.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust