Review: Batman - The City of Owls

Batman, Vol. 2: The City of OwlsBatman, Vol. 2: The City of Owls by Scott Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy Owlshit, Batman!

That was fun. I have to say, I'm very much impressed with Scott Snyder's Batman in this DC "New 52". The artwork by Greg Capullo is phenomenal and Snyder's writing is cutting edge.

The characters, story (both current and backstories), and the layered depth of Gotham as told by Snyder and Capullo (and others) is simply brilliant. It's friendly to new readers and old fans alike.

I'll be reading more of this title, to be sure.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust