Review: A Tale of Two Cities


A Tale of Two Cities
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I recently had a challenge task to re-read a classic I'd read in high school. I had also recently received a free audiobook copy of this book. So it all came together naturally, and here we are. The best of times and the worst of times.

I really enjoy the writing of Dickens, though I've only attempted a few of his works. I don't always understand what's going on, but the flow of his language is beautful and engaging. This time around, I found SparkNotes online and kept up with the chapter summaries as I listened. This helped clarify a lot and caught me up on points where my focus had drifted off a bit.

The reader was excellent, perfect for this story.

I felt like I had to come back and review this, as I didn't write one when I finished. But ever since I have, the book has been coming back to my mind. It is such a moving experience. Not only for the writing, but for the story itself.

And it has me wanting to try more Dickens.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust