Review: Wolverton Station

Wolverton StationWolverton Station by Joe Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How cool was that? Perfect way to spend a lunch break (besides eating).

I hate comparing Hill to his Dinh (Father), Stephen King, because Joe Hill is a brilliant author on his own merits. But I will say that this story shows another trait they share - the talent to take what might be a ridiculous idea in the hands of most authors and make it brilliant.

That's all I will say on the comparison. That's really all I will say on the story too. It's too short to read a summary in a review when that time could be spent reading the story itself.

But I'll say that, as with most Joe Hill stories, this kicks ass.

And that I wish I was listening to Warren Zevon while reading it.

Arrrroooooooowwwww ....

Oh, and one more thing. Hill's awesome new word: businesswolf. I love it.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust