Review: Peacemaker


Peacemaker
Peacemaker by Marianne de Pierres

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I had fairly high hopes here after reading the blog, so I quickly requested a copy from NetGalley, which they provided.

That said, my hopes weren't entirely met. I did enjoy the story, and I very much liked the characters and the 'near-future' Australia setting with a Western (USA) flavored theme park. It really had the feel of a good blend of Western and Urban Fantasy.

The story wasn't disappointing, it just didn't stand out and wow me. There was a lot going on with the plot and it seemed to take a lot to keep up with all of it. Most of it came together fairly well by the end, except of course what we'd expect to linger in order to move the story from a novel to a series.

I'm fairly interested in where the series plot could go and I'd like to see more development of the characters. But since I wasn't amazed by this one, I'm not sure when I'd get a chance to explore any sequels. There aren't any out yet, and I'm not sure this will stick with me very much by the time the next one is available. Still, we'll see. There's certainly room to grow here.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust