Review: Harley Quinn Vol. 5: The Joker's Last Laugh

Harley Quinn Vol. 5: The Joker's Last Laugh Harley Quinn Vol. 5: The Joker's Last Laugh by Amanda Conner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a preview eARC of this title from the publisher through NetGalley.

Well, I have to say that Harley Quinn is still one of my favorite girls. But I'm not as enthusiastic after reading this entry in the series. I did enjoy her stories, but not as much as I had Volume 3: Kiss Kiss Bang Stab. Perhaps in part because I wasn't able to read Volume 4.

But that said, Harley didn't seem as coherent and focused as a character in this one. There seemed to be a bit more randomness with her, which might have been the point. Or perhaps I was also partially spoiled by Margot Robbie's brilliant portrayal in the Suicide Squad film.

I'm not giving up on the series or character though. I'll just wait until my mood is more receptive to Harley's ever shifting mindset.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey