Review: The Autumn Republic

The Autumn Republic The Autumn Republic by Brian McClellan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

That was brilliant. Not just this book, but the whole trilogy. I had a great time getting to know these characters and understand the world and magic system behind them. It was refreshing to have a base trilogy to go with, rather than an unending epic. It was also a plus that all three books came out within a year or two of each other. That doesn't always happen...

Yes, there is a new series that just got started in this world, as well as a bunch of prequel novellas. That's fine. I look forward to those but I still felt like this trilogy was self-contained and a satisfactory cycle all on its own. Well done, Mr. McClellan.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey