Review: Miasma

Miasma Miasma by Greg Cox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

I've had this for awhile. My backlog stack got pretty high there for awhile when I went back to school and started having small grandkids in the house.

That said, I really enjoyed this. I needed something different and short to pass the time on a Saturday night, and this was the perfect fit. Who doesn't love the original Star Trek.

Set at some point after The Voyage Home, this story gives us what at first seems to be the typical Where No Man Has Gone Before episode of our original crew. The timing is important though, as we soon learn that Lt. Saavik is on helm rather than Sulu, and her part in the story is crucial.

Aside from that, we can settle in and enjoy a never before seen adventure of Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the crew.

For a good bit of the early going I found this to be enjoyable but predictable, but then Cox threw that idea into the fire and I realized we were in for something new. I have to say, this has got to be the bloodiest Star Trek story I've ever encountered :)

All in all, this book was a great escape into a comfort zone, if only for a little while.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey