Review: The Night and the Music

The Night and the Music The Night and the Music by Lawrence Block
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ecopy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

This was a satisfying read, as a collection of Matthew Scudder stories set at various stages of his career/life.

While I feel this collection was best suited for longtime readers of Scudder's cases, this was a fine introduction for new readers, giving us a glimpse of this investigator/ex-cop and the style that Block uses with him.

I was captivated enough in the overall character and writing style to be drawn into the novel series that these stories are based on, so with that it did its job.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Things Get Ugly: The Best Crime Fiction of Joe R. Lansdale

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust

Review: Biography of a Phantom: A Robert Johnson Blues Odyssey